This recipe is a variation of the one from The Post Punk Kitchen. If you haven't checked out their stuff, you better; it's awesome! Instead of strawberries, I used blueberries because I just picked a bunch yesterday! And again, I'm on the oven-ban. Baking makes me cranky in the summer. The original called for a spring-form pan, which I didn't have, so I just used a regular tin pan. It's just a little harder to serve, but other than that...no big difference.
Anyways, you will need a food processor to make this.
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw almonds
1/4 tsp salt
4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
3 cups raw cashew (soaked for 3 hours)
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup blueberries
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted just before using (To melt, place coconut oil in a container and place that container in a bowl of hot water. Use immediately or it will solidify)
1. Process the nuts and salt in a food processor fit until they become fine crumbs.
2. Add dates and process until the texture becomes dough-like.
3. Press the crust mixture firmly onto the pan.
4. Process cashews in the food processor. Add agave, water, lime juice, and vanilla. Process until very smooth and slightly purple.
5. Add berries and puree until the mixture is smooth. With the processor running, add the melted coconut oil in a steady stream.
6. Pour the filling into crusted pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. It will set and be very dense!