Think Chinese Food. Think...Americanized Chinese Food and what do you get? If you're not thinking General Tso's Chicken, spring rolls, or Broccoli Beef, then you've probably haven't ordered enough Chinese Take-Out.
For me, I think I'll be fine surviving on just stir-fried broccoli forever without the faux meat, but hey, it's not Broccoli Beef with some "Beef"...it'll just be...broccoli.
1 head of broccoli
1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/2 pack of veggie strips (I typically use Smart Strip Steak)
3 tbsp water
1/2 tbsp soy sauce or soy sauce alternative
1/2 tsp agave nectar
1 dash of salt
1. Separate the broccoli head from the stalk. Chop the head into desired size. Chop the stalk into slices and keep separate. (No wasting vegetable parts!!!).
2. Heat the pan. Pour the oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Add the chopped broccoli stalks. Wait about 30 seconds before adding the broccoli flowers. Stir.
4. Add 2 tbsp of water and cover the pan with a lid until the broccoli turns into a nice shade of green. Add salt to taste and stir.
5. Transfer broccoli to plate and arrange in a circular fashion while cooking the veggie strips.
6. Add veggie strips into the pan and add the soy sauce and agave nectar. Add 1 tbsp of water if necessary to prevent it from burning and sticking to the pan. Stir-fry until lightly burnt.
7. Transfer to the center of the broccoli circle.
Serve with rice.
P.S. I'm thinking of starting a product review/restaurant review thing going on here in addition to the recipes. What do you guys think?
Also, I have noted that I have a tendency to spell out everything because most people I know aren't very adept at cooking...I will attempt to be more succinct, but this could be like "Cooking Vegan for Dummies!"