Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baked Carrot Fries

As requested by JJ Express Magazine for their food issue. So, this recipe was relatively simple to make...and turned out pretty tasty.

Ingredients:
-carrots
-olive oil
-black pepper

The instructions given to me by the editor-in-chief: "Cut 1 lb of long carrots into French Fry shape (in half a few times). Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil. Toss carrots so they are covered in oil. Add a little bit of black pepper. Put in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until soft, turning them once or twice during that time. Let cool, and munch. Yum!"

Of course, I do not have 1 lb of carrots lying around the house, so I just made do with two carrots.That is why it turned out a bit more oily than I would like (and because I had a little accident while pouring the oil. Oops.) And I used a toaster oven instead of a real oven because it's just so much easier. I used 375°F on my toaster oven for about 25 minutes.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin