Saturday, August 8, 2009
Banana Nut "Ice-Cream" Bites
Oh, sweet perfection...here's a treat for you to beat the summer heat! It's popular with kids too!
Of course I like vegan ice creams sold in stores, but sometimes it's a bit too processed with weird ingredients, so I whipped up something equally as scrumptious. I am hooked on these little suckers!
Here's what you need:
1 1/2 cups of raw nuts (I used mostly pecans, with some almonds and cashews).
3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped.
2 ripe bananas.
1. Process nuts in food processor until crumbly.
2. Add the dates and process until integrated into the mixture. It should become dough-like when pressed with fingers. Scoop into a bowl.
3. Chop banana into bite sized pieces.
4. Cover banana with the "dough" and place onto a plate. This will make your hands very messy, but I think kids enjoy this step. If you accidentally smoosh the banana, it's okay...it'll solidify in the freezer.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Makes approximately 18.
**Tip: If you have problems with the treats sticking to the plate after being frozen, use a butter knife to separate or you can use wax paper to begin with.